The EPS industry has introduced collection sites to support EPS recycling. Visit the EPS Industry Alliance Packaging for the more current list of drop-off locations.
If a location does not exist in your area, there are other ways to reduce, reuse or recycle EPS coolers:
- Reduce the number of shipments you receive by combining orders.
- Reuse the coolers for lunches, picnics or consider donating them to local charities or food pantries.
- Recycle the coolers through the AFPR mail-back recycling program (USPS postage rates apply).
- Gel Ice Bricks: Matrix GPO uses gel ice made from a cornstarch compound. To recycle, simply cut the thawed ice brick open to discard the liquid and recycle the pouch with your plastics.
- Corrugated Cardboard: Matrix GPO uses post-consumer content corrugated cardboard packaging, and this material can continue to be recycled. Corrugated cardboard can be recycled with your paper products.
To find a local recycling center near you, please visit Earth911.com.